The long established yet progressive Family Law Department is headed by Partner, Colin Warner.
Colin is a member of the Law Society Family Panel, a member of the Law Society Children’s Panel and an accredited member of Resolution… Read Full Bio
About The Team
We are members of Resolution and follow the Code of Practice promoting a non-confrontational approach to family problems whilst ensuring we achieve the best outcome for the client.
Amanda Hodgson – BA (Hons)
Charlotte Fitzpatrick – LL.B (Hons) Solicitor admitted November 2011
Marie-Claire Gane – LL.B (Hons) Solicitor admitted December 2011
Waddington and Son have regular family law clinics at outreach centres in Bacup, Padiham, Clitheroe and Nelson where vulnerable clients can arrange to see us without having to make the journey to our offices.
All of our staff have received specialist training in the timely, efficient and sympathetic way that this firm assists victims of domestic abuse.
- Advice on resolving financial aspects of a marriage / relationship breakdown
- Advice on maintenance and child support.
- Lump sum and property transfer applications.
- Transfer of equity and release from mortgage.
- Pension implications
- Child support through further and higher education
- Common sense and sensitive approach to all matters involving children.
- Negotiating residence and contact arrangements.
- Advice on shared responsibility and joint residence.
- Advice to grandparents and extended family members on contact.
- Referrals to mediation where appropriate.
- Commitment to client care and achieving best outcome in cases that result in Court proceedings.
- Advice and representation for victims of domestic abuse of all types.
- Emergency injunction applications undertaken. Sensitive commitment to client care.
- The firm also recognises the right of those accused of domestic abuse to receive advice and representation.
- Representation of parents in care proceedings
- Representation of parents and grandparents in care proceedings.
- Representation of children and guardian ad litem.
- Finding of fact hearings.
- Assisting carers to receive appropriate financial support from the Local Authority.
- Applications for adoption.
- Advice to and representation of parents opposing adoption application.